Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Creeping rose vies--which are most hardy, fastest growing, and thrive in Georgia? When should I plant?

I want to plant some creeping rose vines at my house in Carrollton, GA. What are the best kind and fastest growing to plant? When should I plant them? How much sun do they initially need?

Creeping rose vies--which are most hardy, fastest growing, and thrive in Georgia? When should I plant?
Visit waysidegardens.com, which is a predominant rose seller. They are out of SC, and can send you a catalogue for free. Also try jacksonandperkins.com, who deal strictly with roses.





Some names of climbers that are suitable for your area are:


%26gt;Cecile Brunner (soft pink)


%26gt;Golden Showers (yellow)


%26gt;Don Juan (dark red)


%26gt;Lace Cascade (white)


%26gt;Dream Weaver (coral pink)





Planting roses is best done in early spring. The above websites can give you all the info you need to help. Good luck!
Reply:Try planting a Lady Banks Rose, they flower a white or yellow rose that smells great. Mine has grown at least 4 feet this summer. I would suggest planting in the early fall.

miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment